The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment. OPHID, works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions.
In anticipation of funding for a Cervical Cancer Screening and Treating program, OPHID is looking for suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the Technical Director post:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Technical Director will be the most senior post in the Cervical Cancer Screening project. The purpose of this project is to increase the availability and accessibility of high quality cervical cancer screening services for HIV infected women in Zimbabwe. The Technical Director will be responsible for management of the technical elements of the project, including leading technical teams, work planning and reporting. The Technical Director will actively participate in policy development, donor and implementing partner meetings and with technical working groups with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC). S/He is responsible for contributing to the program’s strategic direction, and building the technical capacity and expertise within the program.
· Lead the team in implementing the cervical cancer screening project and ensure an integrated, harmonized approach for program implementation among the different program components and key stakeholders
· Lead the development of and ensure the implementation of work plans, structures, tools and reporting mechanisms
· Manage teams and make sure the teams are capacitated to facilitate the implementation of the Cervical Cancer Screening and treatment program at designated facilities
· Work with MOHCC in identifying implementation gaps and initiating appropriate program response as guided by the donors.
· Work with the relevant MOHCC departments to develop manuals, tools, IEC material and job aides to support build capacity amongst health workers and demand generation in communities for cervical cancer services
· Facilitate, coordinate and promote interaction amongst key stakeholders and relevant MOHCC departments to guide, coordinate and network between partners to promote cohesion of the Cervical Cancer Screening and Treating program
- Develop strategic linkages with other MOHCC departments and key government and civil society stakeholders through participation in technical working groups and national stakeholder consultations to support broad-based integration of the program
- Work closely with the HIV Care and Treatment Consortium management in OPHID and sub grantees to oversee the scale up of Cervical Cancer Screen and Treatment services in a synchronized, cost effective manner through supporting partners in the operationalization and implementation of annual and quarterly work-plans,
- Guide and assist in the promotion and documentation production of the program, and recording of best practice and ensure appropriate dissemination of the materials.
- Actively support key MOHCW program officers with technical and strategic guidance in program management and implementation.
· The Technical Director shall have a degree in medicine with additional post-graduate qualifications (e.g. post graduate degree in public health)
· At least 5 years’ experience in working in HIV/AIDS or Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) projects in the Zimbabwean context.
· Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
· Proven working experience with MOHCC structures, from National to District level
· Previous experience of kick starting, developing and closing out short term programs
· Hands on experience in implementing large nationwide programs of over $1m per year
· Previous experience in implementing a USG program an added advantage
· Strong experience in VIAC an added advantage
Please submit your CV, and application letter via e-mail to: email@example.com ,clearly indicating on the subject the position you are applying for and preferred district.
During the recruitment process, OPHID will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment to be made for any application to be considered. Canvassing for or by any candidate will lead to disqualification.